Weekly Reflection

 week of May 16-23

 

This week was really challenging but I had a lot of fun. Putting the fabric skin on the boat was certainly a challenge but we were able to figure it out. I think that the challenge of working with someone who was equally frustrated as me was not my favorite but we worked through it with only one (mostly accidental) stabbing with a sewing needle. Doing all of the finish along with putting the skin and all finishing touches on in a week felt really good. I think that the achievements that I made this week were awesome and I’m really proud of myself. Being able to actually go canoeing in the boat that I had worked so hard on in the past two weeks was really satisfying. I think that all of my work was really good and I am happy about what I have learned and accomplished. For the rest of my time I want to stitch together a video of the work that I have done and show the process of building the canoe. In the future I would like to paint little daisies on the rub rails to make it a little more special and customized to fit my work. In the meantime I think that I might just do a few cosmetic changes such as adding metal where the rub rails do not cover due to the shape of the boat. All in all I am super proud of what I have done but I do not foresee myself working on something like this again, or if I did I think that I would want a lot more time so that it was less rushed and stressful. There were a lot of new techniques that I learned and I liked mixing the urethane parts together because it made me feel kind of like a mad scientist. I also think that I enjoyed putting on finish far more than painting or even varnishing things because finish is a lot harder to mess up and goes on much smoother as long as there are no drips. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One (5-10 to 5-16)

Day Five 5-14-2021